Quicken on Mac is INSANELY FAST (converted from Windows)

tribbiani
tribbiani Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Before you Buy
Just for anyone out there curious about this... the Mac version of Quicken is off-the-charts fast. I've been s--l---o--g---g----i-------n-----g my way through Quicken (and screen flickers, brief glimpses of dozens of tiled windows, spinning wheels) for Windows and about ready to just move to a spreadsheet when I tried it on the Mac.

Unbelievable. Looks modern, runs fast... a whole new experience.

To anyone out there struggling with the performance issues (and tired of being told to make the file smaller, upgrade Quicken, upgrade Windows, etc.), give it a try on the Mac. So far it's a whole different app for me.

Comments

• tribbiani
    Good idea, will do. Yes, it's night and day... I've got both open, comparing balances and it's about 1:5 speed differential. Click in Mac, view balance, click in Windows... wait... wait... wait... wait... view balance. And that's just to view, gets much worse comparison-wise when you actually have to edit.
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Quicken Mac Subscription Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2022
    I agree! People tend to complain about Quicken Mac because it doesn't have all the features of Quicken Windows (and yes, there are some I really, really want to see implemented--Savings Goals, looking at you), but the features it can do it does very well. It's fast, reliable and has a really nice, clean modern UI. I don't run into database issues, it feels solid as a rock, there's no Validate or Super Validate options because...the database behind Quicken Mac doesn't seem to suffer from the same corruption issues Quicken Windows does. And there are even a few features Quicken Mac has that Windows doesn't, like Reconciliation History, which I'm a huge fan of.

Overall, I absolutely love Quicken Mac and feel like I take a big step back in time when I use Quicken Windows in comparison.
  • tribbiani
    Yup, exactly. I did some double entry and it was insane how big the difference is. So much better on the Mac.
This discussion has been closed.