Quicken on Mac is INSANELY FAST (converted from Windows)

Options
tribbiani
tribbiani Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Before you Buy
Just for anyone out there curious about this... the Mac version of Quicken is off-the-charts fast. I've been s--l---o--g---g----i-------n-----g my way through Quicken (and screen flickers, brief glimpses of dozens of tiled windows, spinning wheels) for Windows and about ready to just move to a spreadsheet when I tried it on the Mac.

Unbelievable. Looks modern, runs fast... a whole new experience.

To anyone out there struggling with the performance issues (and tired of being told to make the file smaller, upgrade Quicken, upgrade Windows, etc.), give it a try on the Mac. So far it's a whole different app for me.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2022
    Options
    This might be better posted in a category where QWin users would see it (eg. Before You Buy). You can click the Flag button and ask the mods to move it if you so choose. Good to hear something positive about QMac for a change.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • tribbiani
    tribbiani Member ✭✭
    Options
    Good idea, will do. Yes, it's night and day... I've got both open, comparing balances and it's about 1:5 speed differential. Click in Mac, view balance, click in Windows... wait... wait... wait... wait... view balance. And that's just to view, gets much worse comparison-wise when you actually have to edit.
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I agree! People tend to complain about Quicken Mac because it doesn't have all the features of Quicken Windows (and yes, there are some I really, really want to see implemented--Savings Goals, looking at you), but the features it can do it does very well. It's fast, reliable and has a really nice, clean modern UI. I don't run into database issues, it feels solid as a rock, there's no Validate or Super Validate options because...the database behind Quicken Mac doesn't seem to suffer from the same corruption issues Quicken Windows does. And there are even a few features Quicken Mac has that Windows doesn't, like Reconciliation History, which I'm a huge fan of.

Overall, I absolutely love Quicken Mac and feel like I take a big step back in time when I use Quicken Windows in comparison.
  • tribbiani
    tribbiani Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yup, exactly. I did some double entry and it was insane how big the difference is. So much better on the Mac.
This discussion has been closed.