Getting an error when trying to update Raymond James accounts (Q Mac)

Options
Paul_Testing
Paul_Testing Member ✭✭
When I try to just update any of my Raymond James accounts using the Accounts>Update Selected Online Account I get this error in a browser window that pops open:

Service Unavailable - DNS failure

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
Reference #11.90f8da17.1668701289.1318b6f4

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I try to just update any of my Raymond James accounts using the Accounts>Update Selected Online Account I get this error in a browser window that pops open:

Service Unavailable - DNS failure

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
    Reference #11.90f8da17.1668701289.1318b6f4
    Hello @Paul_Testing,      

I am sorry about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for telling us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Have you seen any other error messages in association with this account, and if so, what kinds? Also, if you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location
    6. Click Next
    7. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    8. Click Next 

You may then add your Raymond James-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol, then choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

I look forward to hearing back from you about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Paul_Testing
    Paul_Testing Member ✭✭
    Options
    I followed your steps and the accounts all synced with Raymond James. So the data is syncing when I create a new account in a new Quicken file.
  • Paul_Testing
    Paul_Testing Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @quicken_Jared
    I reset the connection for Raymond James in my original quicken file and now the data is syncing.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @quicken_Jared
    I reset the connection for Raymond James in my original quicken file and now the data is syncing.
    Hello @Paul_Testing,   

Thank you so much for getting back to me about how things turned out, and for letting us know about what steps you took in this situation. I am happy to hear that the situation seems to have been resolved.

Feel free to reach out again with any other questions or concerns. 

Have a great day!

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.