Is there a problem with Franklin Templeton investment account downloads?

Options
Benwa
Benwa Member
edited December 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Lost my investment register for Franklin Templeton. All I see are windows with investment info but no register of transactions and no update button.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Benwa,

I think it is possible that you have inadvertently setup this investment account as a "Simple Investment" mode type account. Or that somehow this account has been changed from the usual "Complete" mode to the "Simple" mode. But you can fix that by taking these steps:

1) Open the account register in Quicken and click on the little Gear icon at the top right > click on "Edit account details" > then for "Tracking method" select "Complete".  And please note that you may have to fix some transactions that were downloaded while the setting was in "Simple" mode.

And if you want to make sure this doesn't happen again for any of your investing accounts, you can change a global setting to prevent this.  Just go to: "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Investment transactions" and make sure that the checkbox next to  "Enable Simple Investing (positions only)" is NOT checked.

Let me know how that goes and/or if you have any questions or followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.