Tracking T-Bills

Options
yuriw
yuriw Windows Beta Beta
edited December 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I started investing in T-Bills and in general understand that Q treats them as regular security.

I use Schwab and download every buy.  When that happens Q adds a new security name for every new T-Bill.  Now I tried simplifying it (for a t-bills ladder) by using one name for say 4-weeks T-Bills, something like "T-Bills 4-weeks" and I can assign all buys to it.

However Schwab does show discrepancies between what is recorded in Q vs what is in Schwab account.

Did anybody figure out how to solve this issue?

So for now, I have to add a new security for every new t-bill in order to keep good bookkeeping.  And therefor related second question - how many security names can Q have?

Thx

Comments

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems to me they are in fact separate securities with different maturity dates.  Looks like you can have 2000 securities according to this.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• yuriw
    yuriw Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Bob_L said:
    Seems to me they are in fact separate securities with different maturity dates.  Looks like you can have 2000 securities according to this.

Thx

"Trackable stocks - Up to 2,000 total"  I wonder if hey have untrackable term as well?!

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That 2,000 figure is generally considered a 'soft' limit.  No one knows for sure what that means either; other than your file doesn't explode when you hit 2,001.  Several users have reported security counts well in excess of 2,000 and experienced no identifiable related issues.
  • yuriw
    yuriw Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Agreed, thx!

This discussion has been closed.