Help! Transaction Categories are missing when i attempt to edit transactions.

Options
Paul LeLievre
Paul LeLievre Member ✭✭
Today, I went to reclass a category in the spending view which I'd always been able to do and only accounts showed up in the category column. I tried to change the entry in the source checking account and the same thing. Restored a recent backup and again no change. How do I fix this? 30 year user now on Quicken Premier - Subscription.

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Paul LeLievre

Can you tell us which version of Quicken you are running (to find this, while in the Quicken application - go to "Help" then "About Quicken") ? 

Also, are you seeing any other issues, e.g. are you able to download new transactions without issues?

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Paul LeLievre
    Options
    Version R45.11 As far as other issues, I've download issues with new accounts added to my Merrill account in October resulting in 1200 missing transactions. When trying to enter manually. the program blows up after a very few transactions. I've validated multiple times and also deleted the program and re-downloaded the latest version.
  • Paul LeLievre
    Options
    Hi Frankx, I justg found my problem, the entry was a wire transfer to a vendor and Quicken posted it as a a TXFR. All other checking entries are fine. I'll just delete and re-add the wire as a payment and that should work.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again Paul LeLievre,

I was just working an a list of a few things I wanted you to try and help determine what was happening, but I am glad that you found the problem.

Take care,

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Frankx, I justg found my problem, the entry was a wire transfer to a vendor and Quicken posted it as a a TXFR. All other checking entries are fine. I'll just delete and re-add the wire as a payment and that should work.
    Note if you blank out the TXFR in the check number field, Quicken will then allow you to select the regular categories.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Paul LeLievre
    Options
    Chris, I was able to blank out the TXFR and I was able to change the category. Saved me the deleting and adding. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.