Transaction button greyed out

Options
Gman34798
Gman34798 Member ✭✭
I just opened a traditional IRA with Vanguard. I set up the account for download and everything updated, the account was created along with the connection to Vanguard. I initiated a $$ transfer from my checking account on the Vanguard website.
With that completed, I went into my checking register in Quicken, and entered the transfer to my new IRA account. The transaction shows as it should from my checking account, but the other end of the transaction cannot be seen in the new IRA account bc the transactions button is greyed out. The quicken balance also shows zero, so it's odd and a curiosity to where Quicken put the transfer. I've been using Quicken for over 20 years, and have never seen this type of behavior.
Any thoughts?
Quicken Premier Ver. 6.10.3
MacOS 12.5.1

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Open the Vanguard account's settings (menu Accounts > Settings) and change Investment Tracking Method from Simple to Detailed. That should fix it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Gman34798
    Gman34798 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks RickO,
    That did the trick....I thought it had something to do with that setting. When I set up the account, during the setup process it forced me to select "Simple" bc this Vanguard site doesn't support transaction download. I just wasn't sure how to "undo" that decision. It is now resolved! I have used Quicken since the early '90's as well, and have never encountered such.
    Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.