How to re-install Quicken Home and Business 2014 on CD... [edit]

Lost14
Lost14 Member
I purchased Quicken Home and Business 2014 on CD...long time ago. I haven't tried to use since 2019/2020. I don't want to subscribe. I don't need to connect to bank accounts.... Athough I did connect to bank accounts to download transactions in the past. I just want to open my existing Quicken files and enter transactions manually, like I did initially. I reinstall my 2014 CD on new computer and it won't let me bypass that Quicken password screen. If I enter my password then it wants me to subscribe. I can't get to any Preferences screen. I am stuck.

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you get it reinstalled?  Is it asking for a Quicken password or Intuit password?  You need to update it.  If you have an older version, One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-us.html

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Lost14
    Lost14 Member
    Nope! Still stuck. Asking for Quicken ID (email addresss) and password. Which I have. (Presumably was required to create at some point subsequent to 2014.) But when I enter the Quicken ID and password then it takes me to subscription page and I can't get to my data file.

When I reinstall it does some updating.... it doesn't give me a choice.

I look at the link. I'm not sure what I am doing but presumably I should click on the Quicken 2014 button?
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Inc is blocking installs of Q2014 through Q2017. The only way to install now is if you have a working install on an older computer, you need to copy a file from old computer to new computer. Details of the process are here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7918354/migrating-quicken-2017-from-old-to-new-computer-quicken-data-access-guarantee#latest

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Lost14
    Lost14 Member
    Yikes! I've read some about downloading Quicken2013. Would I be able to use my data files from Quicken Home and Business 2014 in the Q2013 download?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you can't open your Quicken 2014 data file with 2013.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.