Windows 11 and Quicken Home, Business' & Rental Property

Options
RA Moats
RA Moats Member ✭✭
I opted to take the free upgrade to Windows 11 last week. My quicken is fully updated to R45.11 Since upgrading Quicken opens very very slowly .... and today downloading BOA charge data locked it up... had to kill the program 3 times. I read the notice on BOA transactions that they are working on, but straight across the board Quicken has become extremely sluggish. Any input from group would be helpful.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How much total RAM do you have installed?
    How much of the available RAM is in use after Quicken has started? Windows Task Manager will give you this information. 80% or higher?
    Where is your Quicken data file located? Internal hard drive or SSD? External USB drive? Networked drive on external server?

Please provide this information:
    Click Help in the Menu Bar. Shift+click About Quicken and it'll give you a File Information box. Please capture an image snapshot of this File Information box.
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and newer) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only.
    Drag the captured image file from Windows File Explorer into the New Comment box on this webpage.

Slow Performance issue for Laptop users:

Is your laptop plugged in while you're working with Quicken or are you running on battery with power saving reduced performance settings?
    Check your Control Panel / Power Options. Make sure the selected Power Plan allows for best performance while plugged in and while on battery.

Here's some more info to look at regarding performance: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7915476/faq-are-there-any-windows-settings-that-can-improve-quicken-s-performance

• RA Moats
    RA Moats Member ✭✭
    Options
    11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz 3.50 GHz , 32.0 GB of RAM (31.6 GB usable)
    Windows 11 Home, Data file is on SSD but I backup to external drive..
    I just returned home and Quicken is loading quicker, stocks updated and downloads from BOA and Citibank are now normal ... This seems to be intermittent at times... at times I wait 30 to 45 sec for it to load ... Maybe it was a Quicken server issue ??
This discussion has been closed.