Problems Paying PayPal Credit via QuickPay

Options
HJR
HJR Member ✭✭✭
Is anyone able to pay their PayPal Credit using QuickPay or have this issue?

I've been having problems paying my PayPal Credit bill.  I called PayPal to see if they had issues at their end, and they couldn't see any reason why I could not pay my bill via Quicken.  

I am able to schedule my PayPal bill using QuickPay in Bill Manager.  However, when Quicken attempts to process my scheduled payment, it always fails.  The payment status and an email I receive from Quicken states:

"Payment failed

Reason:
Your payment was canceled because PayPal requires that you enter a new one-time code verification. Please try your payment again and enter the one-time verification code."

Please note it says try the payment again and enter the one-time verification code.  There is no means to enter a verification code at the time the payment is being processed by Quicken servers.  Even if I refresh the bill and, if prompted, enter a verification code, when I submit the payment again, I receive the same failure when Quicken attempts to process it.  

Please advise.

Thank you

--  Howard

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HJR said:
    Is anyone able to pay their PayPal Credit using QuickPay or have this issue?

I've been having problems paying my PayPal Credit bill.  I called PayPal to see if they had issues at their end, and they couldn't see any reason why I could not pay my bill via Quicken.  

I am able to schedule my PayPal bill using QuickPay in Bill Manager.  However, when Quicken attempts to process my scheduled payment, it always fails.  The payment status and an email I receive from Quicken states:

"Payment failed

Reason:
    Your payment was canceled because PayPal requires that you enter a new one-time code verification. Please try your payment again and enter the one-time verification code."

Please note it says try the payment again and enter the one-time verification code.  There is no means to enter a verification code at the time the payment is being processed by Quicken servers.  Even if I refresh the bill and, if prompted, enter a verification code, when I submit the payment again, I receive the same failure when Quicken attempts to process it.  

Please advise.

Thank you

--  Howard

Hello @HJR,   

I am sorry about this problem with the Quick Pay feature. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, navigate to the Bills & Income tab in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then go to the Bills subtab - in the upper middle portion of the screen - then navigate to the 'Gear' icon in the upper right-hand side, and finally, click on Review and Repair in the dropdown menu that appears. Click on Review and Repair Online Billers. Does this seem to resolve the issue.

I look forward to hearing about how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared,

Review and Repair Online Billers did not generate any error for PayPal Credit.  The only error generated was that Synchrony Financial was incomplete locally.  I allowed the process to delete it.  I believe this is related to the latency issues you have been experiencing for a number of credit card associated with this provider.  Anyway, I rescheduled this bill, and it began processing immediately and has been in that state for about 8 hours.  I bet I could cancel that processing payment, which I've been able to do before.  It's been my experience that a payment that is truly being processed cannot be cancelled.  I'll let the payment continue overnight to see if it eventually errors out and what error it might generate.  If it is still processing, I'll try to cancel it and see if I can.  

Thank you
      -- Howard
  • HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared,

As I suspected, the PayPal Credit payment could be cancelled 24 hours after Quicken started "Processing" the payment.  This has been the regular pattern with this biller; either it fails because it is looking for a one-time verification code when Quicken attempts to process the payment or the payment never gets processed after it enters "Processing" status.  As I indicated when I contacted PayPal they said they do not see any reason why I can't make this payment via Quicken in their system.  

Thank you
      -- Howard
  • Quicken Jared
    edited November 2022
    Options
    HJR said:
    Hi Jared,

As I suspected, the PayPal Credit payment could be cancelled 24 hours after Quicken started "Processing" the payment.  This has been the regular pattern with this biller; either it fails because it is looking for a one-time verification code when Quicken attempts to process the payment or the payment never gets processed after it enters "Processing" status.  As I indicated when I contacted PayPal they said they do not see any reason why I can't make this payment via Quicken in their system.  

Thank you
      -- Howard
    Hello @HJR,  

I am sorry to hear about these difficulties with processing this bill payment. Thank you for letting me know more about your results.

At this stage, save another backup. Navigate to the Bills & Income tab in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then go back to the Bills subtab, then finally, navigate to the 'Gear' icon in the upper right-hand side, then click on Review and Repair in the dropdown menu that appears. Click on Review and Repair Payments.

Let us know how this works!

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared,

I ran the Review And Repair Payments option and it ran without incident.  I received two messages:

1). All local payment transactions are present on the server.
    2)  All server payment transactions are present locally.

Thanks again, I appreciate your assistance.
      -- Howard
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    HJR said:
    Hi Jared,

I ran the Review And Repair Payments option and it ran without incident.  I received two messages:

1). All local payment transactions are present on the server.
    2)  All server payment transactions are present locally.

Thanks again, I appreciate your assistance.
      -- Howard
    Hello @HJR,  

I am sorry that this problem remains, even after these earlier troubleshooting steps were attempted. Thank you for letting me know more about what happened.

I have looked into the biller further and an internal refresh has been performed. I recommend waiting 24 hours and then trying to make use of this biller once again, in order to see if this resolves the issue.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared,

Well I waited 24 hours, I think.  I'm not sure what time you sent your message but unfortunately the results were the same.  The bill, once scheduled for immediate payment, just sat there for another 24 hours and never completed.  Again, I was able to successfully cancel a "Processing" payment.  

I went ahead and also tried removing the biller, adding it back and than scheduling the payment with the same results.  

One other thing I noticed when I went in to remove the biller, I get the expected message but note where the account number normally displays it displays "al Credit" (see below).  When downloading transactions, under the account details, it displays the account number as "PayPal Credit" and also displays a Customer ID field reflecting my correct login ID.  Maybe this is normal for this account since transaction downloads do work.  

Message when deleting a PayPal biller:

Are you sure you want to remove "PayPal"?

By removing, you will no longer receive bills for the following "PayPal" account(s) in Quicken.

• al Credit

Again, thank you

-- Howard

• Quicken Jared
    Options
    HJR said:
    Hi Jared,

Well I waited 24 hours, I think.  I'm not sure what time you sent your message but unfortunately the results were the same.  The bill, once scheduled for immediate payment, just sat there for another 24 hours and never completed.  Again, I was able to successfully cancel a "Processing" payment.  

I went ahead and also tried removing the biller, adding it back and than scheduling the payment with the same results.  

One other thing I noticed when I went in to remove the biller, I get the expected message but note where the account number normally displays it displays "al Credit" (see below).  When downloading transactions, under the account details, it displays the account number as "PayPal Credit" and also displays a Customer ID field reflecting my correct login ID.  Maybe this is normal for this account since transaction downloads do work.  

Message when deleting a PayPal biller:

Are you sure you want to remove "PayPal"?

By removing, you will no longer receive bills for the following "PayPal" account(s) in Quicken.

• al Credit

Again, thank you

-- Howard

Hello @HJR,  

I am very sorry that this issue seems to be persisting in spite of the numerous troubleshooting measures that have been recommended. Thank you so much for continuing to get back to me about how things have been progressing.

Unfortunately, given the obstinate nature of this issue, I do recommend reaching out to Quicken Support at this stage, if you have not already done so. You should be able to speak with them through the link provided here. They will need to document and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources uniquely available to them.

I do really wish I could provide a resolution from the Quicken Community, but this is the best path forward, given the circumstances.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.