Some accounts that show a register and some don't. How can I get Quicken to show all registers?

Options
After a download some of my accounts do not show a register anymore. How can I get back to just having the register show?

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What kind of Accounts are you referring to here?  If they are investment Accounts, maybe the Accounts have been switched to "Simple" investing?  Check Preferences > Investments to see if the Simple Investing box has somehow been ticked.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Real Big Guy

Some more details will help us to understand exactly what is happening.

Is this a temporary problem - i.e. you cannot see the register for some time "after a download" but eventually you can see it, or is the register gone for good?  Which types of accounts are these and how many accounts are affected? 

Is this only for certain types of accounts - for example loans and mortgages - or does it happen to many types of accounts?   Also, did this just start happening, or have you seen it for a while?

Any additional details will be appreciated.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What kind of Accounts are you referring to here?  If they are investment Accounts, maybe the Accounts have been switched to "Simple" investing?  Check Preferences > Investments to see if the Simple Investing box has somehow been ticked.
  • Real Big Guy
    Options
    Tom thank you for your hint. I found the simple investing box and sure as shooting is was ticked just as you suggested. I unticked the box and everything is back to register form. Thanks again. Problem is fixed!
This discussion has been closed.