Prevent duplicate downloads when credit card has been replaced

Options
pv72114
pv72114 Member ✭✭
I have seen several discussions regarding this topic. Thought I would submit my solution because it seemed so simple.
Right click on your card account in Quicken, then click on "Online Services".
Click "Deactivate" and respond to all messages with "Yes".
Go back to the Home screen of the account and clear the field for "Account number".
Return to Online Services screen and click "Activate". It will ask for you sign in for the Credit Card company account, then walk you through re-establishing the data, but will only download new data from the new card.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pv72114 said:
    I have seen several discussions regarding this topic. Thought I would submit my solution because it seemed so simple.
    Right click on your card account in Quicken, then click on "Online Services".
    Click "Deactivate" and respond to all messages with "Yes".
    Go back to the Home screen of the account and clear the field for "Account number".
    Return to Online Services screen and click "Activate". It will ask for you sign in for the Credit Card company account, then walk you through re-establishing the data, but will only download new data from the new card.
    Hello @pv72114,     

I am sorry about this problem with duplicating transactions. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, could you tell us more about this particular situation? Was this happening with a particular account or accounts, associated with a particular financial institution? 

I am glad to hear that you found a resolution that works for you, and thanks for letting us know about this.

Regards,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.