Problems with Fidelity Downloads - Positions Incorrect, and Shares in Transactions Missing

Options
2»

Answers

• mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    martylaz2 said:
    I am also having this same problem. Given we are very close to the end of Calendar Year 2022 and needing to create end-of-year reports, repair of this error is urgently required. What is Quicken's project plan date for release of the repair? Thank you.
    This is a bug with the feature that compares holdings in quicken to those downloaded from the broker and since it’s not currently working, just ignore it.  You can turn off the option that automatically does this at the end of every download in EDIT ACCOUNT DETAILS.   Unless you allowed Quicken to create invalid placeholder entries, your Quicken data is a accurate and your reports are correct.   
  • ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks so much, mikeweberatl, for this post. I have been ignoring it completely and I have not created or allowed Quicken to create any placeholder entries. 

I'm using Quicken for Windows and working with Quicken Version R 45.21

I am looking for the option to turn this comparison off. Once I'm looking at the account, I click on the Gear Icon and then click on EDIT ACCOUNT DETAILS. I'm not seeing the option to turn off a feature that compares holdings in quicken to those downloaded from the broker. 

Can you provide me with more specific instructions on how to turn this comparison off? 

Thanks again for your post. 
  • ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do see an option in "Edit/ Preferences/ Downloaded Transactions/ After downloading Transactions".  There is an option to "Compare Account Portfolio After Download" with a "Settings" Button. When that button is clicked it refers to "Comparing account portfolio downloads will create placeholder in case of any mismatch of transactions or holdings". All of my investment accounts are checked here. But Quicken doesn't actually create these placeholders; it just "suggests" possible placeholder entries and gives you the option to ignore the suggestions. So, my question is if I turn this option off will it stop making suggestions? If so, I'll turn it off until the "bug" is fixed.  Thanks! 
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, my question is if I turn this option off will it stop making suggestions? 

Yes. 

• gkm981GTS
    gkm981GTS Member ✭✭
    Options
    A month has gone by, and still no fix. Very disappointing.
  • rjchannell
    Options
    I am having the exact same problem as well with Security in Fidelity. For me it started on 11/02/2022 and I have been ignoring the discrepancy. The security in question is a REIT and the shares being reported is the exact number of shares for another security that I have in my Fidelity account. When I login to Fidelity all of my security shares and balances match what I have in Quicken so there is no real discrepancy.

I just reported this thru "report a problem" in Help.

Thanks for all of the investigations.
  • cheryldaniel%gma
    cheryldaniel%gma Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am having the exact same problem. The four REITs have the SAME number of shares for that was the balance on another cash security. I am going to report a problem as well. This problem began in November. I am disappointed that it has not yet been addressed as a "known" issue.
  • lanceaustx
    lanceaustx Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also am having the same problem. I have been ignoring it, but as more and more securities are listed incorrectly as having mismatched shares it is becoming more irritating.
  • gkm981GTS
    gkm981GTS Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, it seems like this would be a pretty easy fix. QUICKEN PLEASE FIX THIS. I just gave you $70 more of my money to renew for another year - SMH.
  • pushkin
    pushkin Member ✭✭
    Options
    The same problem. I have a diversified account with Fidelity, and the numbers fo not correspond to what's online. Never have. It's about a 7% discrepancy on the total, and I've been ignoring it. But it's irritating. Please fix it!
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The comparison mismatch is bogus - your account is fine.   It's just not getting the right number of shares from the Fidelity information that was downloaded (although the correct info was actually downloaded.)   This has been fixed in a new version that is not widely released.   You can wait for it to be released to everyone or download here https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.46.9MPatch.EXE

In the meantime, you can ignore comparison mismatches or turn off the comparison altogether.   If Quicken prompted you make a correcting entry (for a problem that didn't exist) then you need to find any of those "corrections" and delete them from your register.
  • gkm981GTS
    gkm981GTS Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @mikeweberatl said:
    > The comparison mismatch is bogus - your account is fine.   It's just not getting the right number of shares from the Fidelity information that was downloaded (although the correct info was actually downloaded.)   This has been fixed in a new version that is not widely released.   You can wait for it to be released to everyone or download here https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.46.9MPatch.EXE
    >
    > In the meantime, you can ignore comparison mismatches or turn off the comparison altogether.   If Quicken prompted you make a correcting entry (for a problem that didn't exist) then you need to find any of those "corrections" and delete them from your register.

Mike--Thanks for posting the patch. You are correct about the mismatch being bogus, and I think most who have posted here realize that. But what also bogus is Quicken's lack of attention to the problem. This has been going on for a couple of months now. It's frustrating when a feature of the software does not work as intended. When there truly is a mismatch, it can make the error hard to find among the multiple bogus mismatches.
  • gkm981GTS
    gkm981GTS Member ✭✭
    Options
    I can confirm that the patch works. No more mismatch error. Thanks again Mike. I'm not sure why Quicken has not pushed this out to everyone.
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I presume the bug release is in just final QA and will go out soon.     Also, don't know this for sure, but I wonder if this fix was just delayed because it was the end of the year.  Last year, Quicken released some updates late in the year that ended up buggy and people were really pissed because it was end of year and they needed things to be stable.  If some code was fixed and delayed until mid January on purpose, I'm totally OK with that.
  • ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I installed the update to Quicken Premier Version 46.12 which was offered this morning. Once updated, the securities mismatch involving REIT holdings has disappeared. Quicken is no longer suggesting placeholder entries for holdings that do not match the downloaded Fidelity Investment statement.
  • cheryldaniel%gma
    cheryldaniel%gma Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I, too, installed the update to Quicken Premier Vsn 46.12 and the mismatch problem is gone!! Thank you Quicken development team. I am grateful.
  • martylaz2
    martylaz2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I use the Quicken Home and Business version. Any idea whether the bug fix for this problem will be or has been included in an upcoming update? Thanks.
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have Premier Quicken, Windows 10, Version R47.15, Build 27.1.47.15 and all my Fidelity accounts are matching and reconciling correctly.
  • dnboston
    dnboston Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi...its been almost 4 months and this seems like a pretty big issue for many folks, any updates(i have opened a ticket but still heard nothing there either)
  • dnboston
    dnboston Member ✭✭
    Options
    (I have version 47.15 build 27.1.47.15)
  • gkm981GTS
    gkm981GTS Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @dnboston said:
    > (I have version 47.15 build 27.1.47.15)

This problem has been solved for several previous posters. See a few posts above.
  • dnboston
    dnboston Member ✭✭
    Options
    I saw...but still isnt resolved for me(tested it again this am)
  • dnboston
    dnboston Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ok...its fixed...not sure what ultimately fixed it, but i went back from V47=>v45 redownloaded the positions(the historical bad position was still there but was now reporting the correct position), upgraded to v47, then created a placeholder to fix the position and things seem ok now
This discussion has been closed.