error OL-221

Options
nalee1964
nalee1964 Member
for several months quicken will not accept imports/downloads from *only one* of my online account(PayPal). All other accounts import fine. ONLY this account I get the error message OL-221. Have been trying to report a problem through the program itself, but that doesn't work either.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Okay, I think I have it now. 

If you have no current "connection" you need to setup a new one.  If you have an old one still "connected to your account in Quicken - you need to disable/deactivate the connection.

The trick is in the identification of the financial institution - you can't use Synchrony anymore. You need to add the account with this financial institution (see Snip below)

Using that financial institution should allow you to move forward with the new connection.  I know that you've been downloading transactions and importing them is the past, but since Quicken cannot process those downloaded files my strong recommendation is that you go the online route.

Please let me know how that goes and/or if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi @nalee,

Can you tell me whether you are running Quicken for Windows, or Quicken for Mac?  Also, which financial institution is involved?

Thanks,

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• nalee1964
    Options
    Windows
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay - is it just Paypal, or others?

Frankx

• nalee1964
    Options
    Only paypal. eveything else imports fine. it's paypal credit through synchrony bank, however, another unrelated account, also through synchrony bank, imports fine.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay, so it is the credit card account, not a regular Paypal user account - correct?

So were you able to actually "connect" the card in Quicken (and afterwards it stopped downloading) or did it never actually make a connection?  Synchrony has a ton of cards with various vendor names, and (from personal experience) I know that their connections aren't the easiest one to complete.

Frankx

• nalee1964
    Options
    I was able to download/import transactions up until July of this year. I am not connecting quicken to the acct, but downloading from the banking web site, then importing into quicken (my preferred way, I don't like the way quicken does it)
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Okay, I think I have it now. 

If you have no current "connection" you need to setup a new one.  If you have an old one still "connected to your account in Quicken - you need to disable/deactivate the connection.

The trick is in the identification of the financial institution - you can't use Synchrony anymore. You need to add the account with this financial institution (see Snip below)

Using that financial institution should allow you to move forward with the new connection.  I know that you've been downloading transactions and importing them is the past, but since Quicken cannot process those downloaded files my strong recommendation is that you go the online route.

Please let me know how that goes and/or if you have any followups.

Frankx

• nalee1964
    Options
    It worked. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.