How can I subtotal by payee in a transaction report?

Options
jdata5
jdata5 Member
edited December 2022 in Reports (Windows)
In a transaction report, I am trying to subtotal by payee but the payee data is in the description column. On the Display tab, description is not an option to subtotal only payee. But there is no column labeled payee. As a result, even if you choose subtotal by Payee, it does nothing. This seems to me like a bug/error. The dropdown list for subtotal should have description instead of Payee. HELP!!!
Tagged:

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest using the Spending - Itemized Payees report as a starting point.  
  • jdata5
    jdata5 Member
    Options
    Thanks, q_lurker! This report does work. I do think that what I have pointed out for the transaction report is a bug that Quicken should fix. We do pay for the program, and it does not work as it should.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Something else is missing here.  What version are you running?  Specifically, what report were you starting with?

My Banking Transactions report with R43.32 subtotaled by Payee (even though the column header is Description) subtotals correctly meaning as expected.   

The No Payee subtotal list can be extensive if investment accounts are included in the report.

This discussion has been closed.