Downloaded balance from Chase on Weekends

Ever since the changes for Chase several months ago, when I download on weekends the balance is my available balance including pending charges and not my ending balance from prior business day. Works fine on weekdays. As I most often download on weekends this is quite frustrating as you can imagine.

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Leslie Ayers - that sounds like a function of how Chase implemented the data transfer.  WHy do you believe it works fine during the week - aren't there pending transactions during the week? are you talking about a checking account or a credit card account? 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This would almost certainly be a Chase problem.  First off if this has been happening to you for several months that would be before Chase changed from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect + (the reauthorization).  With Direct Connect there isn't any middlemen to mess it up, and as such it would be whatever Chase sent.

With Express Web Connect + it is a bit harder to tell if there is a party in between messing with things but given that Express Web Connect + uses FDX/a standard protocol for transferring the information, again it is most likely what Chase is sending.

Now up to recently Chase did include pending transactions in the online balance, but from what I have seen (I have Chase banking, credit card, and investment accounts) that has been fixed recently.  After I saw it fixed one person reported that they were still getting the pending transactions in the online balance in their checking account.  I don't have enough transactions on my checking account to see this.  But they reported a couple of days later it seemed to be fixed for them.

Most of my transactions are on my credit cards, and Chase doesn't process credit card transactions on the weekend.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Leslie Ayers
    Leslie Ayers Member ✭✭
    when i download during the week the balance that i get is as of the previous business day and so i reconcile with no issue. on the weekends the balance that i get is the available balance as of that moment yet the pending transactions dont also download.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    sounds like a Chase issue...
This discussion has been closed.