Is there a way to only show active securities in the Security Detail View?

Options
SLD5cats
SLD5cats Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Investing (Windows)
If a security is hidden in the "Security List" it still shows up in the "Security Detail View"
This seems like a bug? Is there a way to only show active securities? So many other lists have a "Show Hidden ....." so you can toggle and show everything or only those not hidden.
Thanks.

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It works for me to un-check "Show hidden securities" in the master Security List. Then the hidden securities do not appear in the Security Detail View pull-down menu. Yes, this is a case of one dialog affecting another, so not great GUI design. But doesn't it work for you?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It works for me to un-check "Show hidden securities" in the master Security List. Then the hidden securities do not appear in the Security Detail View pull-down menu. Yes, this is a case of one dialog affecting another, so not great GUI design. But doesn't it work for you?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• SLD5cats
    SLD5cats Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did not have the "Show hidden securities" box checked in the master Security list. But I checked it, saved, then unchecked the box again. Now the hidden securities do not show up in my Security Detail View. Selecting and unselecting it fixed my situation. Also I use icons on the toolbar. Thank you for your help. This has been frustrating because I would look at the list and the box wasn't checked. Many thanks.
This discussion has been closed.