EWC+ with BOA and Chase

Options
QJohn
QJohn Member ✭✭
I'm sure I'm not unique here, but I'm just wondering if I'm doing anything wrong. I updated my chase and BOA accounts to EWC+ about a month ago ("successfully"). Since then I have been unable to download any transactions from either bank or credit card. Is there a different process for updating with EWC+ beyond one stop updates or Update Now on the account options? Is there anything I can do? I'm months behind at this point.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    QJohn said:
    I'm sure I'm not unique here, but I'm just wondering if I'm doing anything wrong. I updated my chase and BOA accounts to EWC+ about a month ago ("successfully"). Since then I have been unable to download any transactions from either bank or credit card. Is there a different process for updating with EWC+ beyond one stop updates or Update Now on the account options? Is there anything I can do? I'm months behind at this point.
    Hello @QJohn,   

I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, what do you see when you navigate to Tools > Account List, then click the Edit button in the row associated with one of the affected accounts, and then click on the Online Services tab in the window that appears? Also, in regards to your Bank of America accounts: have you seen this Update regarding Bank of America issues that seem similar to the situation you are describing? Lastly, note that there is currently an Open Alert regarding Chase accounts that may be related to your situation, as well. You can follow the link here for any additional details, and all future updates in regards to this issue. 

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • QJohn
    QJohn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Quicken Jared, thanks for taking the time to respond. When I follow your instructions the connection type is Express Web Connect+. I did see those notices, but thanks for pointing them out. Do you think this is my issue for both of these banks and checking and credit card? I'm trying to understand the scope of the issue. I have been unable to download any transactions from Chase or BOA for over a month since switching the account type. Does it work for some people? Is it a small minority that it doesn't work for? Has anything worked for other people to restore the connection?
    Thanks, QJohn
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have two CC accounts with Chase and one with BOA. I've had no issues and receive all transactions from Chase the same as when it was DC. I've had some issues with BOA not downloading. I reset the account and was able to get a transaction. Then for about two weeks, OSU would not work, but Update now did. As I typically only use scheduled update, I discovered that when the account was reset, Quicken deselected BOA from OSU. Once checked, it shows the account updated, but I do not have much activity with BOA.

Is your OSU setting checked? Does Update now work for you?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a theory about this.

My BoA & Chase accounts continue to download fine. So yes, it works for some people.

What's the difference? I theorize there was a buggy release not long ago which some people accepted and others, like me, did not. That release corrupted data, resulting in this inability to download.

Unfortunately, I don't know which release(s) caused this issue. If I'm right, to really rid yourself of it, you'd have to restore a backup, probably over a month old, taken before the data corruption and work forward from there.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• QJohn
    QJohn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for this Geoff and taking the time, I'm truly glad this sounds like a minor inconvenience for you. I just applied the newest updates and tried again and nothing...it doesn't even give me errors, just nothing. I've been rolling with Quicken for 20 years (and watched my parents use it before then), and never had a prolonged issue like this...

> @GeoffG said:
    > I have two CC accounts with Chase and one with BOA. I've had no issues and receive all transactions from Chase the same as when it was DC. I've had some issues with BOA not downloading. I reset the account and was able to get a transaction. Then for about two weeks, OSU would not work, but Update now did. As I typically only use scheduled update, I discovered that when the account was reset, Quicken deselected BOA from OSU. Once checked, it shows the account updated, but I do not have much activity with BOA.
    >
    > Is your OSU setting checked? Does Update now work for you?
  • QJohn
    QJohn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks RJS. I can give it a shot I suppose.

QJ

> @Rocket J Squirrel said:
    > I have a theory about this.
    >
    > My BoA & Chase accounts continue to download fine. So yes, it works for some people.
    >
    > What's the difference? I theorize there was a buggy release not long ago which some people accepted and others, like me, did not. That release corrupted data, resulting in this inability to download.
    >
    > Unfortunately, I don't know which release(s) caused this issue. If I'm right, to really rid yourself of it, you'd have to restore a backup, probably over a month old, taken before the data corruption and work forward from there.
  • QJohn
    QJohn Member ✭✭
    Options
    @RJS This worked! I restored a version from 9/13/22 and then updated Chase/BOA and it is working for now! Thanks for the tip! Now to start working on clearing hundreds of transactions across all of my accounts :)
This discussion has been closed.