Wells Fargo issue

Options
LHH
LHH Member ✭✭
When trying to update Wells Fargo, it pops up a window with two boxes asking how to send the code and the code in the same window. there is no way to get the code.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @LHH,

Usually the pop-up asking for the method to send the code precedes the pop-up to enter the code.  Is that not happening?  Are you watching the screen during this time, or perhaps not watching the screen for the complete time frame?

If you are watching continually, then there is clearly the bank's (or the application's) problem. And to be honest, the second request should not even happen if you don't complete the first request timely, so it sounds like it could be a problem with the Wells Fargo interactions rather than your interactions.

I have not seen any other posts similar to yours.  Is this new behavior for you with Wells Fargo, or is this the first time you've tried to connect?  When you see the 2 boxes - is there any way for you to complete the first and then afterwards to complete the second?

Reaching for straws here...

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• LHH
    LHH Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your quick reply, this started to happen about about a month ago. There is no way to answer the first question without the second, both boxes are on the same popup window and if I leave one box blank I get the error message "Missing Required Answer".
    However, I'll try now to reset my account, as I see that another account with Wells Fargo that I have, it doesn't ask for verification.
  • LHH
    LHH Member ✭✭
    Options
    Now I removed my original connection and I can't get back a new connection with Wells Fargo, that stubborn popup with the two questions comes up again...
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @LHH,

That behavior is odd.  Just checking; you posted under a Windows category but I haven't heard of similar behavior in Windows - are you a Mac user?

Also which type of account is this - bank, brokerage, loan?  Is the type different from the WF account that you can connect with?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• LHH
    LHH Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Frankx,
    I'm using Quicken for Windows and it's a regular credit card account. when I download manually from WF it works, but the authentication is blocking me from direct download from quicken due this odd window asking the second question on the same window prematurely.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @LHH ,

When you download any Web Connect file and import it to Quicken, it changes the protocol from Express Web Connect to Web Connect or Direct Connect to Web Connect and you need to Deactivate and Set It Up again for Direct Connect or Express Web Connect.

How many Wells Fargo Registers do you have in the Data File?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• LHH
    LHH Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried setting up again for express, but the same issue...
    I have two WF registers in the data file.
  • Pete Sawin
    Pete Sawin Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same issue here. See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7924133/wells-fargo-active-cash-card-express-connect-setup-strange#latest. Post includes screen shot of window with two boxes.
  • LHH
    LHH Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Pete for sharing, so I know it's a real issue. It would be nice if Quicken Support would read open issues and resolve it. I'd at least want to be able to email to support while they are closed and resolve it at their business hours. is there support email address? it's not on the support options of the website.
  • Pete Sawin
    Pete Sawin Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @LHH - It is a real issue. I have spoken with Quicken Support and they said the WF data file is missing the choices for the first box. Then I spoke with WF Quicken dept. and they said I had to have a cel phone number on file at WF for it to work. I add a cel phone number with no results. Then they tell me I need to enroll and have it approved but it will take a few work days. So wait until 11/29 and try it again. I have been on Quicken for 30 years and this is the most chaotic situation I have ever had. Anyway, we will resume on 11/29 though my expectations are low.
  • LHH
    LHH Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Pete, Thanks for your comment, the good new is that it actually works (how odd it is), I updated my cell # on WF website, I had to verify it with a confirmation # that I got via email. After my cell # was confirmed, it just popped up the box with first question asking me where to send the code (call or text).
  • Pete Sawin
    Pete Sawin Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It finally worked. Took two service tickets with WF to get the cel phone number confirmed. Finally got an email confirming number. Tried to add account and it worked as it should. Thanks for the encouragement.
This discussion has been closed.