Arvest Central Mortgage download not working since change to Arvest Bank (mymortgage.arvest.com)

Options
TeddyBear
TeddyBear Member ✭✭
I used to have a download connection to Arvest Central Mortgage that worked in quicken. My mortgage servicer recently changed from "Arvest Central Mortgage" to "Arvest Bank" and now my quicken download stopped working.

I can use my existing credentials to access the new website (mymortgage.arvest.com), and I see my mortgage info, so my credentials are OK. I can also login online to the regular banking website "Arvest.com" but my mortgage is not listed there.

How do I get my mortgage download to work in quicken?

The only sensible 'connections' I see available in quicken are "Arvest Central Mortgage" (which as I said stopped working in quicken) and "Arvest Web Connect" which doesn't work in quicken (my mortgage is not there anyway. I think this might be for banking only.) There are a dozen additional connections that I have not tried, each looks like a state-specific Arvest Bank connection.

Please advise what to do next? Ted.

Comments

  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Q, WHICH Arvest Bank are you referencing ... there's over a 100 listed in FIDIR.TXT.
    Find this info at TOOLS, Account List and look in the Financial Institutions column across from your account.

    Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

  • TeddyBear
    TeddyBear Member ✭✭
    Options
    When my download WAS working, the financial institution for that account was "Arvest Central Mortgage" Then the switchover took place to "Arvest Bank" on a weekend. Since then the download doesn't connect. After trying to download daily for almost a week, I finally deleted the online services for that account. I'm trying to setup a new mortgage account now. Trying to connect to "Arvest Central Mortgage", but I get this error: "Sorry. We encountered an error. (it's not your fault)". I also tried setting one up to connect to "Arvest-Web Connect" (which doesn't have my mortgage anyway), but I get the same error message. There are 50 other "Arvest" connections that I can try for a variety of cities/states, but neither of them look to be mortgage related. I didn't try anything except the two I wrote above. My credentials WORK at "mymortgage.arvest.com" (my mortgage is listed there), and "Arvest.com" (no accounts listed there).
  • TeddyBear
    TeddyBear Member ✭✭
    Options
    I called Arvest Central Mortgage to ask about my Quicken problem since the servicing changes. Useless. They acted as if they didn't even know what Quicken was. Really? There are 50 different Arvest connections available in Quicken to setup for download and they don't know what Quicken is?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Downloading a mortgage is ill advised as ONLY the principal payment is downloaded ... not the interest component or any escrow payments.
    Furthermore, downloading into a mortgage account prevents you from any other actions re: that account.  It's my understanding that, with a download mortgage, you can't even view the account register.
    Try using Q's "Mortgage Wizard" instead.  It's very accurate and can handle all of the various components of a mortgage payment.

    Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

  • TeddyBear
    TeddyBear Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. I really only need the outstanding balance to show in the account bar. I don't even care about each monthly transaction (principal/interest/escrow), or running reports against them. The download (before the changes they made at the mortgage company) suited my needs perfectly. I'll look for this "mortgage wizard" to see what it can do for me, but without the ability to connect to the servicer automatically I'm skeptical.
  • TeddyBear
    TeddyBear Member ✭✭
    Options
    My problem resolved itself. Finally after over a month of trying on and off, the "Arvest Central Mortgage" download connection works again. I did nothing different. Used my same credentials that I was using since forever. I guess it took them this long to smooth out the technical glitches that cropped up when the changed the loan servicing entity. My statements were wrong too (lol).
This discussion has been closed.