How to go from current QWin to existing, inconsistent QMac data

Options
euripides
euripides Member ✭✭
I have current versions of both QWin and QMac. I've been using QWin through Parallels on my Mac while waiting for QMac to advance sufficiently to make the switch. Unfortunately, I've been updating QMac periodically to test it and now have an inconsistent QMac file. Now, I want to transfer QWin data but when I try, I keep getting a mixture of the old incorrect QMac data with multiple account copies (1,2,3), etc. I've tried to just open the QWin transfer file with the same results. How do I start QMac from scratch with a clean QWin data file?

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Do not use Quicken for Windows Transfer files (.qxf) Their usage no longer applies. You now will use your actual QWin .qdf file. (Just make sure a copy of this .qdf file is stored in a location your Mac can access it. You might have to make a copy of it and move it to your Mac side.)

Then when in QMac, File:New

Follow the pathway to convert from Windows, and use the above .qdf. This will import your file into a brand new file.

• euripides
    euripides Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the quick response. It was the New step that I forgot. I'll let you know how it went.
  • euripides
    euripides Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also, I was using the QDF file but used the wrong terminology.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    euripides said:
    Also, I was using the QDF file but used the wrong terminology.
    Good. I figured as much, but just wanted to clarify. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.