How to reinstall QW2010 on new computer without the CD

Qwacker
Qwacker Member ✭✭
I've been using QW2010 for twelve years and just got a new PC. I need to install Quicken on the new computer but can't find the install CD. I like this version and don't want to upgrade, Any suggestions on how I can install? Perhaps a site where I can download the install files?

Best Answer

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I think 2013 should be similar.  You should at least try to convert to the 2013 version since you don’t use any online services or download transactions now.  Then it should run on newer versions of Windows.  Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data. I’m staying on 2013.

2013 should run on Newer Windows.  You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article.  It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I think 2013 should be similar.  You should at least try to convert to the 2013 version since you don’t use any online services or download transactions now.  Then it should run on newer versions of Windows.  Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data. I’m staying on 2013.

2013 should run on Newer Windows.  You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article.  It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Qwacker
    Qwacker Member ✭✭
    Thank you so much!! I didn't know the 2013 version was available like this. I understand that it is there for file conversion purposes, but this has solved my dilemma! And yes, it's not too different from 2010 which I've been using. I've actually been using Quicken continually since 1990, starting with a couple of MS-DOS versions. By 2010 I did not like the changes I was seeing with each upgrade, so I just stopped and kept that version. Until my new PC just came along, and somewhere in the process of moving recently I had lost my install CD. Thanks for solving my problem and making my day! David
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    [removed]

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.