Credit Card Balance Alert Problem (Right category for post?)

Options
raymorr2
raymorr2 Member ✭✭
Quicken for Windows 45.11 build 27.1.45.11 on Windows 10
I am unable to change the alert limit for one of my credit cards - Comenity Bank AAA Visa. I type in the desired value, click Okay. When it go back in to view it, it shows the old value, not the one I just entered. I've tried exiting after changing it, rebooting, cold starts, nothing seems to work. I can change the alert limit successfully on my other credit cards. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More details, please.
    What Quicken view did you use to set the new credit card limits?
    What Quicken view are you using to display alerts?
    If possible, include screen snapshots in your next response. Capture snapshots as PNG, JPG or GIF file then drag file from Windows file explorer into your comment here.

• raymorr2
    raymorr2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    As I said in my post, I can change the alert limit for all of my other credit cards, just not for AAA Commenity Bank Visa.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. Click File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. Click File
    2. Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• raymorr2
    raymorr2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your help. I validated the file, and it said that I have a bad reminder (forget the exact term used). My reminder list starts with about 250 blank reminders, followed by my correct reminders. From what I've seen on this site, there is no way to delete these reminders as a group. It's taking me forever to delete one at a time. When this is done, I'll run the super-validate, and cross my fingers. As of now, it still doesn't let me update that one credit card alert limit.
This discussion has been closed.