Checking account format differs between two checking accounts

Options
I have been using one account for years...without too much difficulty. Recently I opened a new checking account, but the screen format is quite different in appearance and function. One allows me to reconcile easily. The second does not have that same ability. I don't understand why that is.

Comments

• Robert W. Gracey
    Options
    I think my problem may have to do with my manual data entry on the first account, but I tried to set up automatic downloads from the bank. I don't like how that works... or, rather, doesn't. Can I reverse the set up?
  • Robert W. Gracey
    Options
    Never mind! I just re-created the account file without downloads from the bank and deleted the account that made provision for downloads. Looks a lot better now. I can now reconcile in the same way in this second account as I have done with the first. Hallelujah!!!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just for reference:
    • Bank account registers come in two flavors: 1-line-per-transaction or 2-lines-per transaction. You can easily flip-flop between the two by pressing CTRL-2.
    • The columns shown in a register view can be modified. Clicking the Register columns icon (located next to the Balance column title) brings up a popup list of available columns. Click to select or deselect whichever column you want to add or delete. (Not all columns can be deleted. Their checkmark will be greyed out in the list)
    • At the bottom of this popup list there also is a gear icon. Clicking it brings up another popup, which reads, e.g., "Make all 2-line Checking registers like this". If, for example, you want register "Checking 2" to look like "Checking 1". switch to view register Checking 1 and select the "Make all ..." option. Now both register column layouts will look the same.
This discussion has been closed.