Slow Switching Accounts

Options
Westley
Westley Member ✭✭✭
HI,

I'm using Quicken Business & Rental Property, version R45.14 Build 27.1.45.13

Windows 10 PC, Intel Core i3, 16GB Ram, and a SSD hard drive.

Because of a hard drive crash, I'm on a new drive and my install of Windows 10 is only about three months old.

What I'm finding is that Quicken is bogging down like crazy, compared to what it was like on my previous HD. Switching accounts can take 20 second or longer.

I've tried the previous suggestion of changing the graphics properties to high, but that didn't make a different.

I'm turning off any unneeded features of Quicken that I don't need and minimizing QuickFill and Memorized Payees as much as possible.

My current data file is not quite a year old (I exported my old data and imported just the first three months of this year), it shows no errors when doing a file validation. Waiting for the end of the year to just start completely fresh, but this is really quite annoying.

I also find the longer I keep it open the slower it gets. In previous versions I could leave it open for weeks and now I need to be sure I could it at least everyday.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,
Westley

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westley said:
    HI,

I'm using Quicken Business & Rental Property, version R45.14 Build 27.1.45.13

Windows 10 PC, Intel Core i3, 16GB Ram, and a SSD hard drive.

Because of a hard drive crash, I'm on a new drive and my install of Windows 10 is only about three months old.

What I'm finding is that Quicken is bogging down like crazy, compared to what it was like on my previous HD. Switching accounts can take 20 second or longer.

I've tried the previous suggestion of changing the graphics properties to high, but that didn't make a different.

I'm turning off any unneeded features of Quicken that I don't need and minimizing QuickFill and Memorized Payees as much as possible.

My current data file is not quite a year old (I exported my old data and imported just the first three months of this year), it shows no errors when doing a file validation. Waiting for the end of the year to just start completely fresh, but this is really quite annoying.

I also find the longer I keep it open the slower it gets. In previous versions I could leave it open for weeks and now I need to be sure I could it at least everyday.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,
    Westley
    Hello @Westley,    

I am sorry about this problem with slowness and sluggish performance. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? Also, are you noticing significant increases in CPU usage if you try closing the program with Task Manager when this problem occurs? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you, 

Quicken Jared 
  • Westley
    Westley Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared,

I saw a big improvement when switching accounts by installing the manufacturer's video driver instead of the one loaded by my Windows install.

Still have a problem if I leave Quicken open for too long.

Just this morning I had to force it close after doing a One Step Update since I had left Quicken open for at least a day (I can't remember if it was one or two days).

I just did the uninstall and reinstall, so we'll see how that works over the next few days.

Thanks,
    Westley
This discussion has been closed.