Reconciliation report isn't asked automatically

Options
Robert Tryber
Robert Tryber Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Reports (Windows)
I understand that to receive a reconciliation report notification when you complete a reconcile, you need to select Edit > Preferences > Notify > and check "To run a reconcile report after reconcile".

I have also done this with each account individually selected before going to the Edit > Preferences... with no different results, i.e. Quicken doesn't ask most of the time after finishing a reconciliation.

Is there something else I need to check to get this to be automatic?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I understand that to receive a reconciliation report notification when you complete a reconcile, you need to select Edit > Preferences > Notify > and check "To run a reconcile report after reconcile".

I have also done this with each account individually selected before going to the Edit > Preferences... with no different results, i.e. Quicken doesn't ask most of the time after finishing a reconciliation.

Is there something else I need to check to get this to be automatic?
    Hello @Robert Tryber,    

I am sorry for any confusion or difficulty you are experiencing with the features regarding Account Reconciling. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Are you also automatically reconciling your accounts (let us know if you have more questions about this)? Also, to be clear: is the Reconcile Report simply not appearing anywhere after you Reconcile accounts?

I look forward to your answers, and I hope to provide further assistance, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Robert Tryber
    Options
    I can do a Reconciliation report manually, i.e. Reports > Banking > Reconciliation. However, it doesn't ask after I do an account reconciliation, i.e. Ctrl-R. I do a reconciliation manually each month for each account. It does occasionally ask if I want to do a report after doing a reconciliation, but I will have to see which accounts these are and if it is the same account(s) all the time.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I can do a Reconciliation report manually, i.e. Reports > Banking > Reconciliation. However, it doesn't ask after I do an account reconciliation, i.e. Ctrl-R. I do a reconciliation manually each month for each account. It does occasionally ask if I want to do a report after doing a reconciliation, but I will have to see which accounts these are and if it is the same account(s) all the time.
    Hello @Robert Tryber,   

I see. Thanks for explaining what's going on in greater detail for me.

Are you noticing this issue with all of your accounts when you Reconcile? Also, did you select "Don't show me this screen again," in the window pictured below?

If the answer to both of those questions is 'yes,' then try proceeding through the following steps, after saving a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen:
    1. Navigate to the Edit 
    2. Preferences
    3. Alerts & Messages 
    4. Click on Reset Quicken Warnings
    5. Click OK

From there, you should still receive the prompt once more. However, after resetting, see if checking the Don't show me this again checkbox will now apply and save successfully.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.