Added Morgan Stanley AAA cash account

Options
NV-VT
NV-VT Member ✭✭
Premier for Windows R45.13. For a few years I have been able to download transactions for two Morgan Stanley investment accounts. Recently I took a cash distribution from the IRA account and the cash went into a new Morgan Stanley AAA savings account. How do I add this cash savings account in Quickento enable downloads? When I do one step update both investment accounts get updated but Quicken does not show this new account. When I try to "add" an account, Quicken acts as if I have no MS accounts and prompts me to set one up. Also research shows that although it is under Morgan S, it is farmed out to UMB Bank. I cannot set up Quicken online to connect with that bank without a user name and password which I cannot get as it is under Morgan Stanley.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I take RMDs from an IRA at MS which go into my existing AAA brokerage account. I write checks from that account which are paid by UMB. What I didn't do is open a new account to receive RMDs. I don't know why you had to do that if you had an existing account at MS. Can you get rid of the new account and deposit your IRA distributions into an account already known to Quicken?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• NV-VT
    NV-VT Member ✭✭
    Options
    Eventually I was able to set this up as "bank account" using MS Cash Management, but on update it showed a negative balance in the same amount as my net RMD followed by a positive deposit entry in an equal amount to show an erroneous balance of zero. Had to delete the negative "opening balance" entry to make it show the correct positive amount. Also when I added this AAA account and enabled "direct connect" Quicken for some reason created two new "checking" accounts with the same account numbers as my investment accounts and with huge negative balances, showing transactions that duplicate entries in the investment accounts. I am tempted to delete those accounts but fear doing so will louse something up. Should I?
This discussion has been closed.