I downloaded Quicken to my new computer. Cannot download from bank

Options
Imas
Imas Member
I downloaded Quicken to my new computer and restored my file from a disk. Now I can seem to update my accounts via the web or quick update. Why can't I open my bank file and connect to my bank like I did on my old pc?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @lmas and @jkbaum,   

I am sorry to hear about this issue with updating accounts and downloading transactions. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

First, can you tell us more about what happens when you try to update your accounts? Are you seeing any particular error messages, and if so, what do they say? Also, where is your current active data file being stored? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is being stored locally, and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service. These locations can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

Answers

• Imas
    Imas Member
    Options
    Typo, "Now I cannot seem to update"
  • jkbaum
    jkbaum Member
    Options
    i am having the same issue
  • Quicken Jared
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @lmas and @jkbaum,   

I am sorry to hear about this issue with updating accounts and downloading transactions. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

First, can you tell us more about what happens when you try to update your accounts? Are you seeing any particular error messages, and if so, what do they say? Also, where is your current active data file being stored? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is being stored locally, and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service. These locations can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Imas
    Imas Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding. It turns out that I had accidentally revoked third party communication on my bank online account. After speaking with customer support I opened quicken to add bank account. When asked to share information with bank I chose to share the information with my bank. Once I did this the problem was corrected.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Imas said:
    Thank you for responding. It turns out that I had accidentally revoked third party communication on my bank online account. After speaking with customer support I opened quicken to add bank account. When asked to share information with bank I chose to share the information with my bank. Once I did this the problem was corrected.
    Hello @Imas,   

Thanks so much for getting back to us about this new development, and I am glad to hear that the situation seems to have been resolved. The information about the source of the problem is especially helpful, as well. 

Feel free to check back in with us about any other questions or concerns you may have, and have a great day!

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.