Stock transaction downloads in error

Options
acferrad
acferrad Member ✭✭
For the past couple of weeks, whenever I download stock transactions with One Step Update, the Shares and Price fields are blank, only the Commission field has a value. In the Downloaded Transactions window at the bottom the full transaction amount is shown on the right, but the Description field just tells me the stock I bought or sold. When I click on the transaction to Accept it, it appears as a transaction to buy/sell 0 stock at 0 price, with a commission. I have to delete all the downloaded transactions and enter them manually. It happens with all my accounts, so I think it is a quicken issue.

Please see the attached screen shot which shows the problem. I manually entered the transaction before the one step update. It should find the match, but it does not as it is missing the Shares and Price field in the download.

Comments

• acferrad
    acferrad Member ✭✭
    Options
    I reverted to version R44.27 and the issue above was not present, therefore this bug has been introduced after that version.

The next question is: how do I prevent Quicken updating itself during the One Step Update process?
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To prevent Quicken from automatically updating you need to enable Window's User Access Control (UAC) on your computer.  That way you'll be asked each time Quicken wants to update and you allow the update, or not. 
    Enabling UAC: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/user-help/you-need-to-enable-uac-windows

• Burny
    Burny Member ✭✭
    Options
    Have exactly the same issue. In addition the screen "blinks" multiples times, i.e. the window goes black.
    This is a new issue - Quicken where's your quality control??? Please fix immediately.
  • Burny
    Burny Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @acferrad said:
    > I reverted to version R44.27 and the issue above was not present, therefore this bug has been introduced after that version.
    >
    > The next question is: how do I prevent Quicken updating itself during the One Step Update process?

Turning off updates is at best a temporary fix but not a solution
This discussion has been closed.