Can no longer download credit union transactions

Options
lmacmil
lmacmil Member ✭✭
I am using the latest version of Quicken for Windows. My credit union changed its online access last month and I was unable to download the end of month interest. I had to "re-enroll" in online access and I kept the same user name but updated the password. Now I cannot connect at all. I tried deactivating the account in Quicken and setting up online access again but Quicken claims my user or password are incorrect. I have verified that they are correct multiple times and are the same as I use to get to my account online. I think the problem is the credit union changed its URL to access online banking but Quicken still shows the old URL and I don't see a way to change it. Looking for suggestions. My next step is to chat with support and endure the wait time. The error code is CC-503.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Imacmil

The 503 error code usually denotes an issue with your password.  If you use the password vault, it is possible that the vault still has your old password - so you should check that first.  If you are sure that the password vault has the correct password. I suggest that you deactivate all of your accounts in Quicken for this financial institution and then reactivate them. BUT - make sure you have a good backup file before you deactivate.

Let me know how that goes and/or if you have any followups.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options
    Since my post I have contacted the credit union and they say they are aware of the issue and are working on it. As I suspected, it's a problem created by their new website for online banking. Not only did they screw up Quicken access, the website design is a step backwards in my view. It looks like it's designed for children (lot of big tiles with icon on them.) They clearly didn't do enough (if any) testing of the new user interface.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay, so it was your financial institution that created your problem.  Thanks for letting us know.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.