Computer hard drive crashed - download from web/mobile version?

Options
KierstenR
KierstenR Member
My question is a little confusing but hopefully someone can help me. I've used Quicken for years on my Mac laptop. Four months ago, I got notice that my computer is too outdated to support the program. So I purchased a new Microsoft Surface Pro (big mistake), downloaded Quicken for Windows and did all the work to get my files transferred and set up. That worked for a couple of months until the Surface Pro crashed. I sent it back to Microsoft and never got it back. I was never able to get a backup transferred before it crashed.

I now am using Quicken on a new Macbook. I can see all current information on the web/mobile app, but don't know how to upload the file to my Mac. Can someone lead me through this?

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Your question is quite common.

Sadly, the answer is that you cannot restore the Mobile/Web data to the desktop version of either Quicken for Windows or Mac. Mobile is only a small subset of data and not an online backup. 

So, the unfortunate answer is that you will have to start from scratch (or find a backup of an older data file from either machine to recover from. This sounds unlikely and probably not feasible.) 

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Your question is quite common.

Sadly, the answer is that you cannot restore the Mobile/Web data to the desktop version of either Quicken for Windows or Mac. Mobile is only a small subset of data and not an online backup. 

So, the unfortunate answer is that you will have to start from scratch (or find a backup of an older data file from either machine to recover from. This sounds unlikely and probably not feasible.) 
This discussion has been closed.