Quicken Starter Edition 2010

jimwill72
jimwill72 Unconfirmed, Member
Will Starter Edition 2010 run on Windows 11?

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You can try to install an older version.  If you get it installed you will need to update it.  One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-us.html

BUT...You should at least try to convert to the 2013 version since you don’t use any online services or download transactions now.  Then it should run on newer versions of Windows.  Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data. I’m staying on 2013.

2013 should run on Newer Windows.  You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article.  It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jimwill72 said: Will Starter Edition 2010 run on Windows 11?
    Are you actually running STARTER - as I thought that it went into a "read only mode" when expired....
    but maybe not for really old editions... prior to the subscription era -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    jimwill72 said: Will Starter Edition 2010 run on Windows 11?
    Are you actually running STARTER - as I thought that it went into a "read only mode" when expired....
    but maybe not for really old editions... prior to the subscription era -

The read-only limitation started with subscription in 2018.  SE 2010 should run just fine on Win11 after the update that volvogirl cited on QuicknPerlWiz's website.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.