Morgan Stanley incorrectly downloading interest and shares of MSBNA PREFERRED SAVINGS- QC

Options
Ben12
Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
Anyone know how to get in contact with Morgan Stanley tech support or does anyone here have ideas?

Comments

• Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Contacted Quicken chat, described the issue, waited for some ideas on what is going wrong. Technician never got back to me but I did get an email that asked me to take a survey on my opinion of service. As you can imagine, I was not very pleased. The problem is simple to describe. When I get interest from MSBNA PREFERRED SAVINGS- QC, it shows as a cash deposit to the account. However, this cash in not reinvested in MSBNA PREFERRED SAVINGS- QC. When the download ends, I get an error message saying the shares in Quicken do not agree with the shares in Morgan Stanley. Everything else is working great in my MS downloads. Any ideas on where to turn, contacted MS and Quicken Chat and I am no closer to even having any ideas on how to fix the issue.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I encounter the same issue every month. MS is sending the wrong transaction type. I simply edit the IntInc transaction to become a ReinvInt at $1/share.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, that is the patch job I also do
  • Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The patch I use is slightly different. If you want your taxes to be correct, you leave the IntInc transaction alone and buy new shares for the amount of the interest
This discussion has been closed.