Why would Quicken one step update does not download interest transaction from FNOB?

Options
KenRob
KenRob Member ✭✭
Why would Quicken One Step Update does not download interest charged from First National Bank of Omaha?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KenRob said:
    Why would Quicken One Step Update does not download interest charged from First National Bank of Omaha?
    Hello @KenRob,   

I am sorry to hear about this problem with missing transaction information. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

In order to help find an answer, we will need to know: what connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • KenRob
    KenRob Member ✭✭
    Options
    The online set up under the account shows Platinum Visa (my four digit number) is set up for transaction download.
    Automatic entry is: OFF
    Financial Institution: First Bankcard
    Connection Method: Express Web Connect
    I would like to add that I do get the other downloaded transactions. Just that I do not get the end of month interest. When I try to consolidate the account it is short the interest. I then wonder why the consolidation is off. Thanks for helping solve this problem.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    KenRob said:
    The online set up under the account shows Platinum Visa (my four digit number) is set up for transaction download.
    Automatic entry is: OFF
    Financial Institution: First Bankcard
    Connection Method: Express Web Connect
    I would like to add that I do get the other downloaded transactions. Just that I do not get the end of month interest. When I try to consolidate the account it is short the interest. I then wonder why the consolidation is off. Thanks for helping solve this problem.
    Hello @KenRob,      

It's my pleasure to be of assistance, and I'm sorry that this issue is continuing. Thank you for clarifying what's happening, and for answering my earlier questions.

If you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your First Bankcard-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the problem occurring in the test data file once this is attempted. We will need to know how this works in order to isolate this issue.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this, if you have the opportunity to check back in with us about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• KenRob
    KenRob Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did as instructed and Quicken is not downloading the interest for the account. I did a reconcile for first two months and when the reconcile dialog pops up it has a blank item to enter Charges, Cash Advances: (other than finance charges), but no blank item to enter interest charge. I am thinking that First Bankcard does not release interest charges along with a One Step Update
    transactions.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    KenRob said:
    I did as instructed and Quicken is not downloading the interest for the account. I did a reconcile for first two months and when the reconcile dialog pops up it has a blank item to enter Charges, Cash Advances: (other than finance charges), but no blank item to enter interest charge. I am thinking that First Bankcard does not release interest charges along with a One Step Update
    transactions.
    Hello @KenRob,   

I am very sorry to hear that the interest charges did not appear, even in the test data file. Thank you for getting back to me about this. 

In this case, I recommend reaching out to First Bankcard support regarding this issue. It may be necessary to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team, as these individuals are more likely to possess knowledge of third-party applications, like Quicken. I wish I could provide a resolution from the Quicken Community, but this will represent the best path forward, in these circumstances.

I hope this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.