Quicken is useless to me. I can't download my bank accounts automatically or my CitiCard activity.

Options
natuthill
natuthill Member ✭✭
How do I get Quicken to perform the way it is supposed to do?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    natuthill said:
    How do I get Quicken to perform the way it is supposed to do?
    Hello @natuthill,   

I am sorry about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

Could you tell us more about what is happening? Are you noticing any particular error codes, or are transactions simply missing after a One Step Update? When did this begin?

I look forward to your responses. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • natuthill
    natuthill Member ✭✭
    Options
    With First National Bank of Livingston I get Error CC-503. On the Connectivity Problems screen, I update password. Get Success message . Update again. Same thing. I have manually entering transactions since 5?16/22.

With Citicard I get no error message, Nothing is dowloaded. I have been manually entering transactions since 10/21/22.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    natuthill said:
    With First National Bank of Livingston I get Error CC-503. On the Connectivity Problems screen, I update password. Get Success message . Update again. Same thing. I have manually entering transactions since 5?16/22.

With Citicard I get no error message, Nothing is dowloaded. I have been manually entering transactions since 10/21/22.
    Hello @natuthill,   

Thank you so much for getting back to me with more details about the situation, and for answering my earlier questions. I am sorry to hear about these problems with the CC-503 error message. 

You mentioned that you have tried updating your password; I want to be sure that the steps listed below have been followed. First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the instructions listed here:
    1. Type your password/PIN into a text application, such as Notepad, WordPad, or other text/word application. 

Note: This is a way of confirming you don't have typographical errors in this field.  

1. Highlight the "confirmed" password and then copy it (Ctrl + C) and paste it (Ctrl + V) into the appropriate fields in Quicken.

Step Two: Verify your bank login at the bank's website

1. Go to your bank's website and use your credentials to log in to the bank's website.
    2. Confirm that you're able to log in to the bank's website with the expected username and password.

Please note, Quicken has a 16-character limit for bank passwords. If your bank password is longer than 16 characters, it will need to be shortened.

Step Three: Update your password(s) in Quicken

1. Launch Quicken and go to Tools > Password Vault > Add/Edit Passwords.
    2. Click on the account in the Password Vault.
    3. Choose Delete Password for the account.
    4. Complete a One Step Update, you will be prompted to enter the password manually.
    5. Type in the password (the same one used on the bank's website) and check in the box marked Save next to the password field.
    6. Click Update Now.

If there is no option to delete and update the password, or if the login ID/username also needs to be changed:

1. Choose Tools > Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
    5. Click Yes again, if necessary, to confirm your choice.
    6. Repeat these steps to deactivate all accounts at this same bank.
    7. Return to the Online Services tab, and click Set up Now for each account you've deactivated.
    8. Enter the correct login ID and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account.
    You can read more about the instructions listed above in the Support Article linked here

Let us know if this seems to resolve the issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Krishna Murali
    Options
    There is another thread where a lot of people have expressed their inability to connect to their Citibank accounts. The error message is CC-592. Jared has said that they don't have a solution to this. In my experience with Quicken for over 10 years, Quicken always had problems connecting to many bank accounts and credit card accounts on and off. At least, Quicken was not subscription based many years ago and I paid them much less than the $60 per year I am paying now. But, the issues continue, unfortunately.
This discussion has been closed.