Deleted downloaded transactions and tried to download again

Carol Thomas
Carol Thomas Member ✭✭
Hello:

Working Quicken Deluxe for PC, desktop, download via Web Connect from American Express

Working with preferences, I had for years entered transactions into register manually after a download from AmEx. Then the preference had been changed (not by me, thinking an update maybe) to have them added to the register upon the download (275 - 300 transactions). Not thinking I would like it, I went to preference and switched back to manual. But, after working all the transactions, I realized I liked it, but forgot to change the preference back to be import into register with download. I then downloaded the next month (again around275 transactions) and they went into the manual section. I realized my mistake, deleted the transactions in the manual section, then downloaded again. This time, nothing will come in - aarrgghhh! Am I out of luck and will need to enter these all manually in the register itself and not be able to download???? I've read into the Community about trying to enter a Temporary account and download there, then move transaction, but the download still will not work.

Any ideas????

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I'm not fully following what you've done, but once Quicken has downloaded a transaction, it remembers the transaction's ID so it won't duplicate it during subsequent downloads.
    You should restore the most recent backup from before you downloaded the transactions in question. The backup won't have "memory" of those transactions and they should download into the restored backup.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I'm not fully following what you've done, but once Quicken has downloaded a transaction, it remembers the transaction's ID so it won't duplicate it during subsequent downloads.
    You should restore the most recent backup from before you downloaded the transactions in question. The backup won't have "memory" of those transactions and they should download into the restored backup.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Carol Thomas
    Carol Thomas Member ✭✭
    thank you for your reply, and confirming that once a download comes in, and gets deleted, there is no way that file can be imported again due to Quicken remembering the transaction ID. Unfortunately, restoring to a previous backup would not work as I had been working the file all day and my day's work would be erased.

I was able to export as an excel file, then use software that converts .xls to .QIF. From there, I was able to import as a .qif and load into my file.

Thank you again
    Carol
This discussion has been closed.