How do you add the CUSIP ID to a security.

Options
hoffmtj
hoffmtj Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I have a security FIHBX that is missing its customer ID [edited to change the title and this reference to "CUSIP ID" rather than customer ID] and dividend transactions do not post properly.
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @hoffmtj

Can you give us some additional information so that we can understand your problem?  Specifically I am trying to understand how a "customer ID" can be connected to a dividend transaction. 

FIHBX is a ticker symbol of a a mutual fund in the Federated Hermes Institutional fund company. It's ticker symbol is used to track it - in terms of price, and other financial activities- by investors.  In Quicken, you would typically download dividend transactions through downloads from the entity (usually a brokerage or fund company) that you have an account with.

Please let us know what you are trying to do, or what doesn't seem to be working properly, with respect to your investment in this entity.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you mean CUSIP ID, which is used as a unique identifier for a security?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • hoffmtj
    hoffmtj Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Yes. Tried editing the security but the Cusip ID is not accessible.
  • hoffmtj
    hoffmtj Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    The problem is when I download transactions, such as dividends in this case, it matches up to a different security FHBRX. The only thing different in the security list is FHBRX has a customer ID of 34195504 and FIHBX has no Cusip ID listed. Sorry I listed it as customer id, I meant Cusip ID. Thought this might have something to do with the dividend transactions getting applied to FHBRX when they are for FIHBX. I have both securities, but they are in different brokerage accounts. It puts the dividend in the correct account but lists it as FHBRX. Since the dividend is reinvested it shows up as the equivalent number of new shares of FHBRX instead of increasing the share count of FIHBX. It is just a pain to have to go in each month and correct the transaction so it posts to the correct security.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    The CUSIP ID is added when transactions are downloaded and the security in Quicken is matched to an online security. It appears that the problem here is that FIBHX is matched to the wrong online security.

You should be able to fix this by going to the Security Detail view for the wrong security, FHBRX. Click on Edit Details and un-check the "Matched with online security" box. Then the next time there is a transaction to download for FIBHX (or maybe sooner) you should see a dialog asking you to match it to a security in Quicken. Make sure you select the correct one.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • hoffmtj
    hoffmtj Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks I will give that a try.
This discussion has been closed.