Quicken for Windows is slow on 4K monitor

Options
Quicken has been horribly slow for some time. On a support call, the CSR recommended I backup all my history (20 years worth) and start fresh. I tried this, and the new file with only 90 days history and current accounts is still very slow. All operations are slow: entering a transaction, switching to a new account, updating online, paying bills, exiting quicken. What they all have in common is they update the screen. A lot.

Today I tried changing my screen resolution from 4K to 1920x1200, and suddenly it's very fast. Even the full history version is fast.

My guess is that Quicken does an excessive number of screen refreshes, and these are much slower on a 4K monitor, even if the Quicken window is only half the width.

Please pass along a bug report asking for testing and performance improvement on 4K monitors.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, try the display tweaks in this FAQ. I'd be interested to learn whether they help with your 4K monitor.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Mary Ann Horton
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I don't have a GPU but Windows does allow me to set a preference for qw. I don't have an easy-to-reproduce performance test, but I'll try it like this and see how it does over time.
This discussion has been closed.