CRASHING or NOT RESPONDING CONSTANTLY

Options
2»

Comments

• eeyore6802
    eeyore6802 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm adding yet another comment on this topic as YET AGAIN when just trying to open quicken it crashed and now looks like I'll need to do another uninstall and reinstall. This has been an off and on issue for me for that past month and is really making me not want to waste my money when its up for renewal in less than a month. Have used quicken for years with no problems, now all of a sudden its almost a weekly thing. How can this keep going unfixed?????
  • chaygo
    chaygo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Adding my two cents, as Quicken has crashed on me yet again while trying to transaction match. Hopefully support will realize that this is a widespread problem affecting several long term users. I lost count how long or how many times this has been happening, but I will say there is no consistency as to where or why it happens. File size is currently 147MB.

Version R47.15, Windows 11 Home
  • drbfrog
    drbfrog Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Still having issues - called support again. Central American support cannot escalate a ticket outside of regular business hours????
  • CWondergem
    CWondergem Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issues as all previous comments. I have a large file that I can't resize and I have been using Quicken for over 30 years. I frequently have to validate, restore, reboot, reinstall and this is getting to be way too often. Quicken support has not been helpful the times I have contacted them. Anyone find an effective remedy?
  • drbfrog
    drbfrog Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I had the same problem - worked with a supervisor in tech support and was able to identify that my file with over 20 years of data was damaged. To fix - we created a new file with 6 years of data and this solved the trick as the data that was corrupting my file was over 6 years old. Not perfect as I lost historical data but Quicken now works!
  • TReeve
    TReeve Member
    Options

This problem is horrible. I am just about ready to stop using Quicken.

• drbfrog
    drbfrog Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @TReeve said:
    > This problem is horrible. I am just about ready to stop using Quicken.

I was having the same problem - saw the file was corrupted and re-created the file removing some past data which resulted in the file corruption being resolved. Quicken now works as it should. I was able to give up after using the program for 20+ years. Very frustrating and some of my data is no longer in the file I am using but it works now! Good luck!
  • Dora123
    Dora123 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Crashing since April 11, 2023. I narrowed it down to my investment accounts. My banking accounts are now updating OK. I tried validating and repair but it seemed to have no effect. I just updated to the latest version and thought that might help, but I'm still having the investment problem. The update tab for pricing on the Investments screen seems to work OK, my investments reflect the changes in stock prices. But, the one-step update of investment transactions does not - crashes.
  • GeneS
    GeneS Member ✭✭
    Options
    Misery loves company, as the old saying goes. I have now seen most of the problems described here, and the constant need to go back and check file accuracy is not reassuring. Nothing is being done by Quicken because, I am sure, there is nothing they can do. The old platform is overwhelmed by the cloud, automatic updates, etc. A major program rewrite is required and Quicken cannot afford to do that every time Microsoft updates Windows. Like others, I have searched for an alternative but the fact that none exist tells you that the market for such products is very limited. I am trying some of the alternatives and all fall short of Quicken's capabilities ... when it works. For me, the message is clear -- find an alternative method to track my finances before Quicken finally discontinues the product.
This discussion has been closed.