Big Problems when re-installing after a backup due to computer crash

Options
J Mark
J Mark Member ✭✭
Had to redo the Chase and other institutions new connection method and downloading manually from their site(s) as nothing re-downloads. But Schwab doesn't have a method for that. How do I get transactions from them, and if there is a way to get transactions on a one step update when nothing downloads. Didn't realize the hassle when resuming on a new computer.

Free thinker from the Land of Enchantment. The best things in life are free🎻

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J Mark said:
    Had to redo the Chase and other institutions new connection method and downloading manually from their site(s) as nothing re-downloads. But Schwab doesn't have a method for that. How do I get transactions from them, and if there is a way to get transactions on a one step update when nothing downloads. Didn't realize the hassle when resuming on a new computer.
    Hello @J Mark,   

I am sorry about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Charles Schwab-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same error message occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

I look forward to your response. 

Quicken Jared 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • J Mark
    J Mark Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared, I did exactly as you requested and downloads back into 9.25.2022 occurred. What can I do to get them downloaded into my normal file? Why did this occur?

• J Mark
    J Mark Member ✭✭
    Options
    To append my prior comment, transactions starting December downloaded into my normal account but not for Oct or Nov or 9.25 on. How do I get those transactions?

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Export the missing transactions from the new test file via QIF and import them into your production file.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• J Mark
    J Mark Member ✭✭
    Options
    That'll probably work vs what I was gonna try; coping the transactions from the test file and pasting them into the normal file I work with. But didn't know if pasting to a new file would work.

This discussion has been closed.