Lost Data ?

pfoley
pfoley Member ✭✭
I moved folders around while Quicken was open. When I tried to go into Quicken it advised me that files should not be deleted with the app open. I don't believe deleted any files, but when I go to the \Quicken folder, there are no files. And, my backups appear about year old. I have not cleared out my Trash Bin (mac), but can't find any data files.

How can I go about finding the files or rebuilding.

Best Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Have you looked in Users > (your username) > Library > Application Support > Quicken ?

To open the user Library file, hold down the Option key while clicking the Go menu in the Finder.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Do you have any backup service like Time Machine? That would make it easy to restore e a recent backup.

Otherwise, you should still have the backups generated each time Quicken quits. Unless you moved the location, it's in Users > [your username] > Library > Application Support > Quicken > Backups > Automated Backups
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Have you not backed up your data to an external source such as a USB thumb drive or external hard drive? If so, restore your data from an external source. If your data is only stored on your computer, perhaps someone else will respond with a solution. You should always have more than one backup source, I have three.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Have you looked in Users > (your username) > Library > Application Support > Quicken ?

To open the user Library file, hold down the Option key while clicking the Go menu in the Finder.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Do you have any backup service like Time Machine? That would make it easy to restore e a recent backup.

Otherwise, you should still have the backups generated each time Quicken quits. Unless you moved the location, it's in Users > [your username] > Library > Application Support > Quicken > Backups > Automated Backups
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • pfoley
    pfoley Member ✭✭
    I found in the under the Library files. Thanks...
This discussion has been closed.