please add option to not sync attachment to the cloud

I've seen many people trying to report this as a problem.

I am making it a suggestion.

I do not use Mobile or Cloud options. I have no need to sync on multiple machines.

But for many of my accounts, I believe those using EWC and EWC+. every time I attach a PDF or image to a transaction it is also uploaded to the cloud. I then have to Delete it using the option "delete from cloud only". This upload also makes the attachment process slower.

I am using windows but assume this is probably true on MAC also.
Tagged:
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @tnsprin
    I experience the exact same behaviour you have described; however, Quicken Escalated technical support claims this does not happen. They are of the position that if Web/mobile cloud sync is turned off then no sync happens unless there is corruption in the data file. I have clearly demonstrated that this issue is fully replicable with a brand new Quicken file, but Quicken Support still insists that it isn't actually synching to the cloud. This issue is now hugely problematic in the Quicken Canadian version because Quicken locks up each time it tries to sync to the cloud and one must Ctrl-Alt-Del End Task... even though I don't want anything synched to the cloud have set my preferences accordingly.
  • tnsprin
    tnsprin Member ✭✭✭
    I want to emphasis the slowness of adding an attachment especially under some conditions. e.g. Discover is currently slow to sync to the cloud. Adding an attachment to a transaction takes several minutes before it times out. In this case it ends up not adding to cloud because of the timeout but the delay was 3 to 5 minutes.
  • Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @tnsprin
    Are you using the USA or Canadian version of Quicken. I have confirmed this is a bug with the Canadian Version. Either way, which version are you presently running? I'm running R45.18 Canadian.

You can read my more detailed post about this issue here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7925078/quicken-locks-up-when-attaching-files-q-win-canada-ver-r45-18#latest

The most helpful thing that you can do to attract attention to this issue is to do both of the following:
    1. Submit a Report A Problem from the Help menu in Quicken; AND
    2. Contact Quicken Phone or Chat Support, report the issue, and get your support session connected to the Report A Problem submission.
    Doing the above two steps is really the only thing that get's attention paid to a bug/problem.
  • tnsprin
    tnsprin Member ✭✭✭
    I am USA user. Not I reported slowness even before mentioning it here. Recently it takes forever but doesn't end up in cloud. It apparently times out on attempt to update cloud.