Error message when updated Quicken

I get the below message when attempting to update Quicken. I chatted with a customer service rep who said to restart my computer. I restarted and keep getting the same message. I've had Quicken less than a week. I now ask the community for help. Thank you.

The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w1450\base\printenv.exe' because it is being used by another process.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• bradjo222
    bradjo222 Member
    Answer ✓
    Well, my solution was to uninstall Quicken and then reinstall. I will check my anti-virus software for the next update.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @bradjo222,

This type of behavior is usually caused by an anti virus program you have running as a service.  You need to make sure that your antivirus application understands that Quicken is a safe application, then try again.

Let me know how that goes or if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pause your antivirus software before updating.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • bradjo222
    bradjo222 Member
    Answer ✓
    Well, my solution was to uninstall Quicken and then reinstall. I will check my anti-virus software for the next update.
This discussion has been closed.