Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist...

Started happening today for my Fidelity and Vanguard accounts:

OL-362-A Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file

Comments

• joeslatt
    joeslatt Member ✭✭
    Nevermind, it worked after a Quicken restart
  • Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    > @joeslatt said:
    > Nevermind, it worked after a Quicken restart

I had this same error code on my Vanguard accts today also. I restarted Quicken per your advice, Vanguard accts downloading fine again after restarting Quicken. Thank you for updating your comment with the solution!
  • Indigo
    Indigo Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken restart worked for me too.
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    I had this problem today with TD Ameritrade.   The restart fixed the problem for me too.   :)
  • EmKay
    EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
    What's the solution when restarting Quicken is not the solution?

Quicken Classic Premier (Windows) R52.33

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @EmKay,

Are you seeing the exact same behavior as other users noted above?  Are there any error codes?  Any additional information will help us to help you.

Thanks,
    Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• I'm having the same issue. Quicken often forgets where accounts are when I download data and I need to link the accounts manually again. Now, even after I link it, Quicken refuses to recognize the account that I MANUALLY linked. Restarts do no good. I expect better from a SAAS that costs me $60/annually.
  • EmKay
    EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

Sorry for the delay. Vanguard has not downloaded transactions since I reported and yes, same behavior (that error, OR it appears to complete the download but nothing comes down, even though there are new transactions. Restarting definitely not helping, as I've run Quicken multiple times since early Feb. and nothing has changed.

UPDATED to add that deactivating and reactivating does download transactions, tonight. However, since Vanguard always sends information on ALL my accounts (even dead ones, apparently) when I activate downloads, it can be quite confusing - that's why I avoided that step, previously.

Quicken Classic Premier (Windows) R52.33

This discussion has been closed.