Sort Account in Separate Category

Options
I used to be able to sort the order of the accounts under Separate Category displayed using Account List, but I just added an account to Separate Category, and when I went to Account List, Separate Category isn't there anymore. I tried searching the web and this board but couldn't find the answer. Anyone has any idea know how to?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    ChuckTait said:
    I used to be able to sort the order of the accounts under Separate Category displayed using Account List, but I just added an account to Separate Category, and when I went to Account List, Separate Category isn't there anymore. I tried searching the web and this board but couldn't find the answer. Anyone has any idea know how to?
    Hello @ChuckTait,   

I am sorry to hear about this confusing with sorting the order of Separate accounts. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, when you say 'Account List,' do you mean the Account List accessed from the Tools menu? Also, are you talking about changing the order of accounts by rearranging them vertically in the Accounts in the left-hand side of the screen, or changing the sort order of transactions in your accounts?

I look forward to further clarification.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    There are 2 things going on here.
    • Rearrange Accounts in the Account Bar omits the Separate accounts. There is no way to reorder them there. I suspect this was an unintentional omission.
    • The Account List shows accounts by "intent" regardless of whether they're Separate. You can reorder the Separate accounts, you just have to find them according to intent, move them around, and watch the result in the Account Bar, which updates about a second after you change the order in the Account List.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.