Investment Performance Reports - account causing problems

Options
Rhodes
Rhodes Member
edited January 2023 in Investing (Windows)
For some reason, an investment performance report I have been using for some time stopped updating. I have it saved but when I change dates to get performance over different periods of time, it does not refresh or update in any way. I tried creating a new report but got the same behavior. The report has several investment accounts included. To troubleshoot, I tried creating a new report including only one of the accounts and was successful. I then added each of the other accounts one-by-one and was able to isolate a single account that seems to be the problem. In summary, I cannot create a report for this one account, by itself or add it to an existing report. If add it to an existing report, I can no longer make changes to that report and have it refresh. What could be causing this?

Best Answer

• Rhodes
    Rhodes Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Solved. I got to looking at the transactions in the register for the account that was causing the problem. I found a transaction with today's date that did not make sense. My guess is it was created when I reconciled as it a had a number of shares attached to it but no dollar value. I deleted that transaction and problem was solved. Everything is working as expected now.

Answers

• Rhodes
    Rhodes Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Solved. I got to looking at the transactions in the register for the account that was causing the problem. I found a transaction with today's date that did not make sense. My guess is it was created when I reconciled as it a had a number of shares attached to it but no dollar value. I deleted that transaction and problem was solved. Everything is working as expected now.
This discussion has been closed.