Citi Card Workaround

Disclaimer: This may not work for everyone. I was only able to test this for a Citi credit card as it's the only account I have with them.

I have been trying to add my Citi credit card account to Quicken since I subscribed a month ago and was finally able to get it to work. The problem is, you must use Direct Connect which, to my knowledge, is being phased out. In order to do this, you must grant access to third-party desktop apps in your Citi account settings with the following steps:

- Click on the profile button in the top left corner and select "More Settings"
- Click on Manage Desktop Apps and select "Add Access"

You will have 10 minutes to return to Quicken and add the account. When adding the account, search for and select Citi Cards, not Citibank, and click Advanced Options. You will be given options for Express Web Connect, Direct Connect, and Web Connect. Choose DIrect Connect and log in with your Citi credentials.

I hope this helps until they get Express Web Connect working again!

Comments

• Casablanca
    Casablanca Member ✭✭
    This workaround does not connect the account. Quicken can access the account in the setup process, but it will not complete the connection. It tells me that Quicken cannot connect to this account.
  • RMMR
    RMMR Member ✭✭
    :) Yes, that solution made downloading quick. Thanks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This workaround does not connect the account. Quicken can access the account in the setup process, but it will not complete the connection. It tells me that Quicken cannot connect to this account.
    Before trying this process, did you deactivate the Citi Cards account?
  • JBYTuna
    JBYTuna Member
    I tried this today, and it works. Multi-factor authentication (MFA) does not play a role in this issue. You must logon to the site, and authorize the access, then go back to Quicken and add the account with userid/password.
  • BBCT
    BBCT Member ✭✭
    This does not work.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBCT said:
    This does not work.
    Why not? More details, please.
  • Does not work
  • I've tried several times, but get the message "you need login information from Citi Cards in order to have automatic downloads in Quicken." I already have credentials setup. The connection for that card was working for almost a year until it stopped working last week.
  • happyhill
    happyhill Member
    Since the first of the year, Quicken's connection with Citi using one click update does not work. This is very frustrating. None of the work arounds do not work. What has been done to break this. It should not be this difficult. It always worked for years before.
This discussion has been closed.