SFGIDirect (online division of Summit Bank) - how to connect for Quicken ? [edit]

Options
mikek753b
mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
I can't setup online connectivity to sfgidirect
I selected Summit Bank WV and credentials work, but I got into a loop with required code.
yes, new code arrives via email, but upon enter the same prompt to send new code again.
how to break this loop and get the connection setup?
Looks like Summit Bank wants to register this incoming connections, but it fails.

thanks
Best Regards

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Ahhh....
    SFGI Direct is an online division of Summit Community Bank
    where you can bank safely and easily with competitive rates on a savings account.

SO... you might have to contact Summit and find out which Quicken entry to select, since there are about a dozen..
    You might look around the SFGI web site, and see if there is anything about "downloading transactions" and see if they offer the Quicken QFX download format.....
    If so, you could manually download the QFX file - which is just text - and then open it with Notepad so we can determine the specific and unique bank number used by Quicken .... as in the list of all the Summit Banks -
    [edit] - also updated topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thank you for the reply.

this is 18145 - Summit Community Bank WV
    I had used this before and online setup was for it and it downloaded transactions just fine.
    But, I had to change my login name.
    Yes, I deactivated online setup ad created new with new login name, but I got into registration device loop
    I got prompt to select option for the code, so I set email, and get the code by email that I insert in the next window prompt, but as result I got to the same prompt to select option to send me the code.
    Somehow Quicken side isn't registered upon the code that Summit Bank doesn't clear the request IMHO

SummitCommunityBank
    FID 18145
    INTU.BID 18145

thank you
    Best Regards
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mikek753b said:  this is 18145 - Summit Community Bank WV
    I had used this before and online setup was for it and it downloaded transactions just fine.
    But, I had to change my login name.
    What login name - at the Summit Bank ?
    If at the bank, do you also have to re-allow for 3rd party acccess to that new user ID via the bank online website ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1st - thank you for helping me
    2nd - it finally worked the next day no prompt for re registration new device. I also complained to SFGIDirect, maybe it was done on SFGI / Summit Bank side, I don't know. But, it works again.

This is normal access registration from new device, ether to place the cookies or etc to allow the access upon the code confirmation.
    I don't know how Quicken aggregator works for this matter, I assume it's multi servers for a scale out, but the sessions are not replicated across those servers with all required data, no idea.

No, I don't need to authorize new device (IP address) access via my extra direct browser session to the bank. It's done within the same session, in this case Quicken session via aggregator, to provide the code for new device registration.

hope it will help other SFGIDirect users
    Best Regards
This discussion has been closed.