Transactions via calendar take FOREVER

Options
I've been using Home and Business forever and I use the Calendar to track my balance and guide to when things are due. Over the past year or so, when I enter a transaction via the calendar, it takes forever. Used to just record it lickity-split but not now. Any ideas why and how to speed this up?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Slow performance?

How much RAM do you have installed on your computer?

What version of Windows are you using?

While Quicken is starting, what does Windows Task Manager show about "% Memory" usage and "% Disk" busy of your C: - drive?

Earlier this year I have upgraded an abysmally slow Windows 8.1, Quicken R 41 laptop from 4 GB RAM to 8 GB RAM and the computer now performs very well. I no longer see "96% Memory usage" combined with "100% C- drive busy" just trying to do something, anything on the computer.

BTW, do you shut down Quicken when you're done working with it at the end of the day? If you don't, it's highly advisable that you do and create a backup of your data file when you close Quicken. Depending on your daily activity levels, this might also help improve performance.
  • Jarratt
    Jarratt Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! I've got 8 GB of RAM running Windows 11 Pro. While Quicken is running, it looks like it's taking around 66% of memory. Yes, I close the program when I'm done so it'll backup every night. Have a healthy and blessed Christmas!
This discussion has been closed.