PNC Bank direct Connect is not working. Got new Oin from Bank and cannot setup online !Keeps getti

Options
Keeps getting error code and was on long discussion with PNC bank and they say it is a Quicken issue

They say as document to wait 1 hour and then close quicken , log back in Quicken and try again??

I cannot find this thread detailing steps to fix login to PNC!!

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Keeps getting error code and was on long discussion with PNC bank and they say it is a Quicken issue

They say as document to wait 1 hour and then close quicken , log back in Quicken and try again??

I cannot find this thread detailing steps to fix login to PNC!!
    Hello @tparr64681,     

I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services, and error messages when trying to link or update accounts. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Can you tell us more about what error message you are seeing, and what specific error code might be associated with it? Also, are you trying to link accounts back to online banking services? When did these issues begin?

I look forward to your answers and I hope to work with you further on this issue, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tparr64681
    tparr64681 Member ✭✭
    Options
    cc-503
    is error code

i contacted bank and they now feel it is a Quicken issue since we tried setting up online at least a dozen times!

i had this working for over a year and then beginning in Dec it stopped working!

I was asked to close the setup and PNC sent me a new Pin. I tried this and it accepted the pin and asked for new pin, I put in new pin and have been getting the error ever since !

How can this be fixed???
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    cc-503
    is error code

i contacted bank and they now feel it is a Quicken issue since we tried setting up online at least a dozen times!

i had this working for over a year and then beginning in Dec it stopped working!

I was asked to close the setup and PNC sent me a new Pin. I tried this and it accepted the pin and asked for new pin, I put in new pin and have been getting the error ever since !

How can this be fixed???
    Hello @tparr64681,           

Thanks for getting back to me with the answers to my earlier questions. I am sorry that this problem has been ongoing.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then take a look at the Support Article linked here. Do the steps provided there seem to resolve the issue?

I am eager to hear your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tparr64681
    tparr64681 Member ✭✭
    Options
    i have tried several times now with PNC bank on phone
    just now got error CC-929
  • Quicken Jared
    edited December 2022
    Options
    i have tried several times now with PNC bank on phone
    just now got error CC-929
    Hello @tparr64681,   

I am sorry about this problem remaining even after making use of the steps in the previous Support Article. Thank you for updating us about what is happening. 

Note that the steps in the following Support Article, linked here, are relevant if you are now experiencing the CC-929 error code. Let us know if proceeding through these steps seems to resolve this new error.

We hope to hear about how this works for you.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @tparr64681- You mentioned a couple of CC error codes.  CC error codes are usually for Express Web Connect errors.  If you were having a Direct Connect error code I would have anticipated seeing one that starts with OL. 

Before proceeding, I suggest you back up your data file.

Do you have more than one PNC account?  If so, have each of those accounts been deactivated?  In not, deactivate them all.

PNC has several different setup options in Quicken.  Selecting the wrong one will return errors...and most likely they will be CC error codes because I believe most of the PNC connection options are for the EWC connection setup.  

For Direct Connect you should be selecting the PNC Bank - Direct Connect option.  

Also, you mentioned that you were provided new login information by PNC.   Did you get both a CustomerID and a PW from PNC?  If so, then be sure to use both of those during the set up.  (You might need to use that new PW you created, instead.  Try one and if that doesn't work then try the other.)

If you got only a new PW from PNC, then you should use your SS number for the CustomerID (I cannot remember if dashes are to be included or not included so if one does not work then perhaps the other will).  Do not use your UserID for logging into your online PNC account.

During the setup process, if Quicken prompts you, be sure to Link the download(s) to the appropriate account(s) in Quicken.  If the accounts have not already been set up in Quicken, then Add the accounts to Quicken. 

You might have gone through all of this already but with so many different connection setup options for PNC it is a pretty common that something is missed or misunderstood during the setup process.

Did any of this help?

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

This discussion has been closed.