how do I remove a file name from the pop up login window (Q Mac)

When you click on the Quicken logo in the dock, there is a pop up window that comes up above the logo. You can click on of a file name there to open it. How do you remove a file name from that pop up window? I have done it before but do not remember how to do it.

Best Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓
    Open Quicken, then from the File menu select Open Recent and then select Clear Menu. That will clear both the Open Recent menu and also the file list that appears on the Dock icon. You can then rebuild both lists by opening the files you want on it. I don't know any other way to change it.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• 300 Guy
    300 Guy Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you Jon that was exactly what I wanted. I opened everything but that window!!!!

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓
    Open Quicken, then from the File menu select Open Recent and then select Clear Menu. That will clear both the Open Recent menu and also the file list that appears on the Dock icon. You can then rebuild both lists by opening the files you want on it. I don't know any other way to change it.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• 300 Guy
    300 Guy Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you Jon that was exactly what I wanted. I opened everything but that window!!!!
This discussion has been closed.